Troubleshooting your Air Conditioning/Heating System before calling a technician
If you are having trouble with your air conditioning or heating system there are a few steps you can take BEFORE calling for service:
Air Conditioning Equipment Checklist
– Check to make sure that your thermostat is on the “cool” position
– Make sure your outdoor unit (condensing unit) is running.
1. Check to make sure the circuit breakers in the circuit breaker box are in the “on” position.
2. Check the outdoor unit “disconnect switch” to make sure it is in the “on” position.
3. Ensure the blower motor in your furnace is running. (if the thermostat is in the “on” position, the furnace blower should be running.)
4. If not, make sure the on/off switch at the furnace is in the “on” position.
– Be sure that you have recently changed your A/C filter. An extremely blocked filter can cause your outdoor air conditioner to shut off due to restricted air flow.
– Check all return air grilles to make sure they are not blocked by furniture.
– Check all supply air registers to make sure they are open and blowing air. (the return air grilles are usually located on your walls and are wide and flat.
Gas Furnace Equipment Checklist
– Check to make sure that your thermostat is in the “heat” position.
– Make sure the temperature setting on the thermostat is set higher than the indoor temperature showing on the thermostat.
– Try turning the fan to “on” using the fan switch on the thermostat to test for power to furnace.
– Check the circuit breakers at the electrical panel to make sure they are in the “on” position.
– Check the SSU switch (it looks like a light switch on a gray box located at the furnace) to be sure that it is in the “on” position.
If these simple solutions do not solve your problem, give us a call!